Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Toll Brothers (NYSE: TOL):
- 10/25/2018 – Toll Brothers was upgraded by analysts at Evercore ISI to an “outperform” rating. They noted that the move was a valuation call. They noted that the move was a valuation call.
- 10/23/2018 – Toll Brothers was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Strong housing demand and lack of competition in the luxury new home market is expected to drive Toll Brothers’ revenues. Also, the 2018 outlook for the U.S. homebuilding industry is quite compelling given higher demand and flourishing economy. However, we are concerned about the escalating building material and labor costs that are proving to be a drag on margins. Furthermore, high mortgage rates dilute the demand for new homes as mortgage loans become expensive, hurting the company’s profitability. Shares of Toll Brothers have underpeformed its industry year to date. Moreover, earnings estimates have also been trending downward over the past seven days, reflecting analyst’s concern over the stock’s earnings growth potential.”
- 10/22/2018 – Toll Brothers was downgraded by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $29.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $51.00.
- 10/18/2018 – Toll Brothers was downgraded by analysts at Bank of America Corp from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $38.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/11/2018 – Toll Brothers was given a new $47.00 price target on by analysts at Bank of America Corp. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/24/2018 – Toll Brothers was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
- 9/14/2018 – Toll Brothers had its “sell” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barclays PLC. They now have a $37.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $39.00.
TOL stock opened at $33.16 on Wednesday. Toll Brothers Inc has a 12-month low of $28.68 and a 12-month high of $52.73. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.80, a current ratio of 6.98 and a quick ratio of 0.88. The company has a market capitalization of $4.82 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 10.46, a P/E/G ratio of 0.40 and a beta of 1.17.
Toll Brothers (NYSE:TOL) last released its earnings results on Tuesday, August 21st. The construction company reported $1.26 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping analysts’ consensus estimates of $1.03 by $0.23. Toll Brothers had a net margin of 9.37% and a return on equity of 13.49%. The company had revenue of $1.91 billion during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $1.81 billion. During the same quarter in the prior year, the firm earned $0.87 EPS. The company’s revenue was up 27.3% compared to the same quarter last year. On average, research analysts expect that Toll Brothers Inc will post 4.46 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
The business also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Friday, October 26th. Shareholders of record on Friday, October 12th were given a $0.11 dividend. The ex-dividend date was Thursday, October 11th. This represents a $0.44 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 1.33%. Toll Brothers’s payout ratio is 13.88%.
In other Toll Brothers news, Director Edward G. Boehne sold 17,000 shares of the stock in a transaction that occurred on Thursday, August 23rd. The shares were sold at an average price of $37.64, for a total value of $639,880.00. Following the completion of the sale, the director now owns 99,598 shares in the company, valued at approximately $3,748,868.72. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which can be accessed through this link. 9.01% of the stock is owned by corporate insiders.
Hedge funds have recently added to or reduced their stakes in the business. Truvestments Capital LLC purchased a new stake in Toll Brothers in the 3rd quarter worth approximately $119,000. OLD Mutual Customised Solutions Proprietary Ltd. lifted its position in Toll Brothers by 186.7% in the 2nd quarter. OLD Mutual Customised Solutions Proprietary Ltd. now owns 4,300 shares of the construction company’s stock worth $159,000 after buying an additional 2,800 shares in the last quarter. Parallel Advisors LLC lifted its position in Toll Brothers by 1,850.4% in the 2nd quarter. Parallel Advisors LLC now owns 5,227 shares of the construction company’s stock worth $193,000 after buying an additional 4,959 shares in the last quarter. NumerixS Investment Technologies Inc purchased a new stake in Toll Brothers in the 2nd quarter worth approximately $201,000. Finally, Creative Planning purchased a new stake in Toll Brothers in the 2nd quarter worth approximately $210,000. Institutional investors own 81.97% of the company’s stock.
Toll Brothers, Inc, together with its subsidiaries, designs, builds, markets, and arranges finance for detached and attached homes in luxury residential communities in the United States. The company operates through two segments, Traditional Home Building and City Living. It also builds and sells homes in urban infill markets through Toll Brothers City Living.
Receive News & Ratings for Toll Brothers Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Toll Brothers Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.