Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Vista Outdoor (NYSE: VSTO) in the last few weeks:
- 5/16/2019 – Vista Outdoor was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “strong sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Vista Outdoor Inc. develops, manufacture and distribute optics, accessories and eyewear. The Company operates in two segments: Shooting Sports and Outdoor Products. Its product consist of binoculars, laser rangefinders, riflescopes, trail cameras, archery accessories, blinds, decoys, game calls, gun care products, mounts, powder, reloading equipment, targets, target systems, safety and protective eyewear, fashion and sports eyewear. The company’s product portfolio include Bushnell(R), Primos(R), Bollè(R), Serengeti(R), Cèbè, RCBS(R), Hoppe’s(R), Uncle Mike’s(R), Gold Tip(R), Weaver(R) and Tasco(R). Vista Outdoor Inc. is headquartered in Utah. “
- 5/14/2019 – Vista Outdoor was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 5/10/2019 – Vista Outdoor was given a new $13.00 price target on by analysts at B. Riley. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 5/10/2019 – Vista Outdoor was upgraded by analysts at Monness Crespi & Hardt from a “neutral” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $12.00 price target on the stock.
- 5/9/2019 – Vista Outdoor had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cowen Inc. They now have a $12.00 price target on the stock.
- 5/2/2019 – Vista Outdoor was given a new $13.00 price target on by analysts at B. Riley. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
VSTO stock traded up $0.07 during trading on Friday, hitting $8.94. 4,171 shares of the stock traded hands, compared to its average volume of 597,049. Vista Outdoor Inc has a one year low of $7.78 and a one year high of $19.41. The company has a market capitalization of $498.74 million, a P/E ratio of 63.86 and a beta of 0.11. The company has a quick ratio of 1.88, a current ratio of 2.96 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 1.12.
Vista Outdoor (NYSE:VSTO) last announced its earnings results on Thursday, May 9th. The company reported $0.01 earnings per share for the quarter, missing the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.13 by ($0.12). The company had revenue of $515.34 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $503.17 million. Vista Outdoor had a positive return on equity of 0.89% and a negative net margin of 31.50%. The company’s revenue was down 9.8% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the prior year, the firm posted ($0.22) earnings per share. As a group, research analysts expect that Vista Outdoor Inc will post 0.3 earnings per share for the current year.
A number of hedge funds and other institutional investors have recently modified their holdings of VSTO. PNC Financial Services Group Inc. grew its holdings in Vista Outdoor by 40.9% during the fourth quarter. PNC Financial Services Group Inc. now owns 5,124 shares of the company’s stock valued at $58,000 after purchasing an additional 1,488 shares during the period. BlueMountain Capital Management LLC acquired a new position in Vista Outdoor during the first quarter valued at approximately $72,000. BlueCrest Capital Management Ltd acquired a new position in Vista Outdoor during the first quarter valued at approximately $100,000. BNP Paribas Arbitrage SA grew its holdings in Vista Outdoor by 112.1% during the first quarter. BNP Paribas Arbitrage SA now owns 13,229 shares of the company’s stock valued at $106,000 after purchasing an additional 6,991 shares during the period. Finally, Hsbc Holdings PLC grew its holdings in Vista Outdoor by 15.5% during the first quarter. Hsbc Holdings PLC now owns 19,047 shares of the company’s stock valued at $152,000 after purchasing an additional 2,549 shares during the period. Hedge funds and other institutional investors own 96.81% of the company’s stock.
Vista Outdoor Inc designs, manufactures, and markets consumer products for outdoor sports and recreation markets in the United States and internationally. The company operates through Outdoor Products and Shooting Sports segments. The Outdoor Products segment offer sports products for action sports, including helmets, goggles, and accessories for cycling, snow, action, and power sports; archery/hunting accessories, such as hunting arrows, game calls, hunting blinds, game cameras, and waterfowl decoys; outdoor cooking solutions for camping; eyewear and sport protection products, including safety and protective eyewear, and fashion and sports eyewear; golf products, such as laser rangefinders; hydration products comprising hydration packs and water bottles; optical products, such as binoculars, riflescopes, and telescopes; shooting accessories, including reloading equipment, clay targets, and premium gun care products; tactical products, such as holsters, duty gear, bags, and packs; and water sports products, including stand up paddle boards.
Featured Story: What is a balanced fund?
Receive News & Ratings for Vista Outdoor Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Vista Outdoor Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.