Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded up 6.4% against the U.S. dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 7:00 AM E.T. on May 25th. Over the last week, Litecoin has traded 17.4% higher against the U.S. dollar. One Litecoin coin can currently be bought for $103.00 or 0.01275088 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Bitso, DragonEX, CoinExchange and Trade By Trade. Litecoin has a market capitalization of $6.38 billion and approximately $5.93 billion worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded up 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0030 or 0.00000037 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded 5.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0110 or 0.00000136 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 2.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.12 or 0.00001514 BTC.
- NEXT (NET) traded 12.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.12 or 0.00013831 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded up 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.10 or 0.00001240 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded down 1.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0708 or 0.00000876 BTC.
- Linkey (LKY) traded down 2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.55 or 0.00006839 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded down 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.11 or 0.00001352 BTC.
- Lightning Bitcoin (LBTC) traded 2.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $5.31 or 0.00065768 BTC.
- TTC Protocol (TTC) traded up 8.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0843 or 0.00001043 BTC.
Litecoin Coin Profile
Litecoin (LTC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Scrypt hashing algorithm. It was first traded on October 13th, 2011. Litecoin’s total supply is 61,926,226 coins. Litecoin’s official Twitter account is @LitecoinProject and its Facebook page is accessible here. Litecoin’s official message board is litecointalk.io. Litecoin’s official website is litecoin.com. The Reddit community for Litecoin is /r/litecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “- Faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) – Scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm – 84 million litecoins – Higher transaction volume than Bitcoin – MIT/X11 license”
Buying and Selling Litecoin
Litecoin can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Indodax, Instant Bitex, B2BX, Bitinka, BtcTurk, Independent Reserve, TradeOgre, Bitlish, IDCM, Mercatox, OKCoin International, CoinsBank, BitcoinTrade, BitForex, GOPAX, BTC Markets, Braziliex, Bitfinex, BitBay, Coinbe, Crex24, Gatecoin, QuadrigaCX, DSX, Mercado Bitcoin, DigiFinex, Coindeal, WazirX, Stocks.Exchange, Kuna, Kraken, Zebpay, CPDAX, Negocie Coins, Bittylicious, xBTCe, FCoin, Livecoin, MBAex, YoBit, OKCoin.cn, Graviex, Trade Satoshi, Bittrex, TOPBTC, ABCC, OTCBTC, BL3P, Exmo, LiteBit.eu, Coinsquare, BX Thailand, CoinTiger, Cryptopia, COSS, Koinim, BCEX, Iquant, OpenLedger DEX, TDAX, Coinsuper, Waves Decentralized Exchange, BTC Trade UA, Bithesap, Coinut, ZB.COM, Cryptomate, Bitsane, LocalTrade, DOBI trade, CoinExchange, Stellar Decentralized Exchange, Ovis, LakeBTC, Upbit, Bitmaszyna, LBank, Coinone, BitMarket, Bitbns, C2CX, Liquid, RightBTC, Binance, Bits Blockchain, EXX, Coinbase Pro, OKEx, Stellarport, Bleutrade, Bibox, Trade By Trade, QBTC, Bit-Z, Liqui, CoinEgg, ChaoEX, BigONE, Poloniex, Cobinhood, Bitbank, Altcoin Trader, Lykke Exchange, Kucoin, BitFlip, BTC-Alpha, HBUS, CoinFalcon, Bitso, Buda, Covesting, Korbit, DragonEX, BiteBTC, BTCC, BtcTrade.im, Gate.io, Fatbtc, Coinroom, CoinEx, CoinBene, Bithumb, Nanex, CryptoBridge, Cryptohub, HitBTC, WEX, Koineks, C-CEX, Bitstamp, Tripe Dice Exchange, Exrates, Koinex, SouthXchange, Sistemkoin, C-Patex, Huobi and Vebitcoin. Investors seeking to acquire Litecoin using US dollars directly can do so using Changelly, Gemini or GDAX.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.