Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Celanese (NYSE: CE):
- 10/2/2019 – Celanese was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 10/2/2019 – Celanese had its price target raised by analysts at UBS Group AG from $128.00 to $138.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/1/2019 – Celanese was downgraded by analysts at Goldman Sachs Group Inc from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $129.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/26/2019 – Celanese is now covered by analysts at Bank of America Corp. They set an “underperform” rating and a $110.00 price target on the stock. They noted that the move was a valuation call. They noted that the move was a valuation call.
- 9/4/2019 – Celanese had its price target raised by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $102.00 to $124.00. They now have an “equal weight” rating on the stock.
Celanese stock traded up $0.29 during mid-day trading on Wednesday, hitting $118.14. 16,697 shares of the company’s stock traded hands, compared to its average volume of 1,038,310. The firm has a 50 day moving average price of $117.98 and a 200 day moving average price of $108.00. The company has a quick ratio of 1.32, a current ratio of 2.04 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 1.12. The company has a market cap of $14.79 billion, a PE ratio of 10.74, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 1.67 and a beta of 1.36. Celanese Co. has a one year low of $82.91 and a one year high of $127.15.
Celanese (NYSE:CE) last announced its earnings results on Monday, July 22nd. The basic materials company reported $2.38 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $2.36 by $0.02. Celanese had a return on equity of 38.56% and a net margin of 15.52%. The firm had revenue of $1.59 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $1.64 billion. During the same quarter in the previous year, the business earned $2.90 EPS. The firm’s revenue for the quarter was down 13.7% on a year-over-year basis. On average, analysts expect that Celanese Co. will post 10.15 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
Institutional investors and hedge funds have recently bought and sold shares of the company. Advisory Alpha LLC bought a new stake in shares of Celanese in the 1st quarter worth $27,000. Patriot Financial Group Insurance Agency LLC acquired a new position in shares of Celanese in the 2nd quarter worth $28,000. Rockefeller Capital Management L.P. grew its holdings in shares of Celanese by 75.3% in the 2nd quarter. Rockefeller Capital Management L.P. now owns 256 shares of the basic materials company’s stock worth $28,000 after acquiring an additional 110 shares during the last quarter. CSat Investment Advisory L.P. grew its holdings in shares of Celanese by 112.4% in the 2nd quarter. CSat Investment Advisory L.P. now owns 480 shares of the basic materials company’s stock worth $52,000 after acquiring an additional 254 shares during the last quarter. Finally, Doyle Wealth Management acquired a new position in shares of Celanese in the 2nd quarter worth $53,000. 98.15% of the stock is currently owned by institutional investors.
Celanese Corporation, a technology and specialty materials company, manufactures and sells high performance engineered polymers in the United States and internationally. The company operates through Engineered Materials, Acetate Tow, and Acetyl Chain segments. The Engineered Materials segment develops, produces, and supplies specialty polymers for automotive and medical applications, as well as for use in industrial products and consumer electronics.
Further Reading: How to calculate the intrinsic value of a stock
Receive News & Ratings for Celanese Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Celanese Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.