Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Carrizo Oil & Gas (NASDAQ: CRZO) in the last few weeks:
- 10/15/2019 – Carrizo Oil & Gas was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “strong sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Carrizo Oil & Gas, Inc. is a Houston-based energy company actively engaged in the exploration, development, exploitation and production of oil and natural gas primarily in proven trends in the Barnett Shale area in North Texas and along the Texas and Louisiana onshore Gulf Coast regions. Carrizo controls significant prospective acreage blocks and utilizes advanced three-D seismic techniques to identify potential oil and gas reserves and drilling opportunities. “
- 10/15/2019 – Carrizo Oil & Gas had its price target lowered by analysts at Wells Fargo & Co from $11.00 to $9.00. They now have a “market perform” rating on the stock.
- 10/3/2019 – Carrizo Oil & Gas was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 10/2/2019 – Carrizo Oil & Gas was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “strong sell” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 9/1/2019 – Carrizo Oil & Gas had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Northland Securities. They now have a $9.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/19/2019 – Carrizo Oil & Gas was downgraded by analysts at Williams Capital from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
CRZO stock traded up $0.07 during mid-day trading on Thursday, reaching $7.88. 383,894 shares of the stock traded hands, compared to its average volume of 4,980,730. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 1.43, a quick ratio of 0.31 and a current ratio of 0.31. Carrizo Oil & Gas Inc has a one year low of $7.17 and a one year high of $22.75. The stock has a market capitalization of $703.38 million, a PE ratio of 2.83, a PEG ratio of 0.11 and a beta of 2.13. The business has a 50-day moving average price of $8.26 and a two-hundred day moving average price of $10.11.
Carrizo Oil & Gas (NASDAQ:CRZO) last posted its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, August 7th. The oil and gas producer reported $0.71 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.67 by $0.04. Carrizo Oil & Gas had a net margin of 55.87% and a return on equity of 25.15%. The business had revenue of $264.97 million for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $263.76 million. On average, equities analysts expect that Carrizo Oil & Gas Inc will post 2.52 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
In other Carrizo Oil & Gas news, insider S P. Iv Johnson sold 8,000 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction on Thursday, August 15th. The shares were sold at an average price of $8.26, for a total transaction of $66,080.00. Following the transaction, the insider now owns 179,221 shares in the company, valued at $1,480,365.46. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available at this hyperlink. Insiders own 4.80% of the company’s stock.
Hedge funds and other institutional investors have recently bought and sold shares of the company. Point72 Hong Kong Ltd bought a new position in shares of Carrizo Oil & Gas in the second quarter worth about $54,000. Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services Inc. grew its holdings in shares of Carrizo Oil & Gas by 22.5% in the second quarter. Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services Inc. now owns 7,421 shares of the oil and gas producer’s stock worth $75,000 after purchasing an additional 1,363 shares during the last quarter. Commonwealth Equity Services LLC bought a new position in shares of Carrizo Oil & Gas in the second quarter worth about $109,000. WINTON GROUP Ltd bought a new position in shares of Carrizo Oil & Gas in the second quarter worth about $116,000. Finally, Cetera Advisor Networks LLC bought a new position in shares of Carrizo Oil & Gas in the second quarter worth about $116,000.
Carrizo Oil & Gas, Inc, an energy company, explores for, develops, and produces crude oil, natural gas liquids, and gas from resource plays primarily in the United States. The company holds interests in oil and gas plays, including the Eagle Ford Shale in South Texas; and the Permian Basin in West Texas.
Featured Article: Marijuana Stocks
Receive News & Ratings for Carrizo Oil & Gas Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Carrizo Oil & Gas Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.