Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Group 1 Automotive (NYSE: GPI):
- 10/28/2019 – Group 1 Automotive was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $108.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Group 1 Automotive's impressive business performance in the used vehicle and aftersales segments is driving the top line. The Val-U-Line initiative in the United States is boosting sales in used vehicle. Also, the company is gaining from the implementation of pricing strategies. Further, the company aims to acquire attractive businesses in the U.S. markets with growth prospects and divest the unprofitable ones. However, softer retail automotive industry sales in the United States and the U.K. are hampering Group 1 Automotive's financials. However, rising SG&A expenses will likely hamper profitability. Moreover, elevated leverage of 57.64% limits the firm’s growth and financial flexibility. Also, considerable exchange rate fluctuations are affecting Group 1 Automotive’s business. “
- 10/25/2019 – Group 1 Automotive was given a new $102.00 price target on by analysts at Buckingham Research. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 10/25/2019 – Group 1 Automotive was given a new $110.00 price target on by analysts at Stephens. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/25/2019 – Group 1 Automotive was given a new $107.00 price target on by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co.. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/15/2019 – Group 1 Automotive had its price target raised by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $104.00 to $105.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 10/2/2019 – Group 1 Automotive was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 9/24/2019 – Group 1 Automotive was given a new $87.00 price target on by analysts at Buckingham Research. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
GPI stock traded up $0.42 during trading on Monday, reaching $99.02. The company had a trading volume of 82,425 shares, compared to its average volume of 172,379. Group 1 Automotive, Inc. has a 52 week low of $48.69 and a 52 week high of $108.99. The company has a market cap of $1.87 billion, a P/E ratio of 11.11, a PEG ratio of 1.62 and a beta of 1.77. The business has a 50 day moving average of $92.86 and a 200 day moving average of $82.53. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 1.27, a current ratio of 1.00 and a quick ratio of 0.25.
Group 1 Automotive (NYSE:GPI) last released its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, October 24th. The company reported $3.02 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $2.72 by $0.30. Group 1 Automotive had a net margin of 1.31% and a return on equity of 16.48%. The company had revenue of $3.12 billion during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $2.95 billion. During the same period in the prior year, the firm earned $2.47 earnings per share. Group 1 Automotive’s revenue was up 7.9% on a year-over-year basis. Research analysts expect that Group 1 Automotive, Inc. will post 10.52 earnings per share for the current year.
In other Group 1 Automotive news, VP Darryl M. Burman sold 10,051 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Friday, September 13th. The shares were sold at an average price of $87.58, for a total transaction of $880,266.58. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available at this link. Also, VP Darryl M. Burman sold 14,650 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, October 28th. The shares were sold at an average price of $103.81, for a total transaction of $1,520,816.50. Following the transaction, the vice president now directly owns 41,737 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $4,332,717.97. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders have sold 79,258 shares of company stock valued at $7,750,084 in the last ninety days. Insiders own 6.00% of the company’s stock.
Hedge funds and other institutional investors have recently made changes to their positions in the business. Bessemer Group Inc. bought a new position in shares of Group 1 Automotive during the second quarter valued at approximately $120,000. CIBC Asset Management Inc purchased a new stake in shares of Group 1 Automotive during the second quarter valued at approximately $208,000. State of Alaska Department of Revenue grew its holdings in shares of Group 1 Automotive by 2.0% during the second quarter. State of Alaska Department of Revenue now owns 5,987 shares of the company’s stock valued at $490,000 after buying an additional 118 shares during the last quarter. Nuveen Asset Management LLC purchased a new stake in shares of Group 1 Automotive during the second quarter valued at approximately $5,485,000. Finally, Quantamental Technologies LLC grew its holdings in shares of Group 1 Automotive by 313.6% during the second quarter. Quantamental Technologies LLC now owns 2,374 shares of the company’s stock valued at $194,000 after buying an additional 1,800 shares during the last quarter.
Group 1 Automotive, Inc, through its subsidiaries, operates in the automotive retail industry. The company sells new and used cars, light trucks, and vehicle parts, as well as service insurance contracts; arranges related vehicle financing; and offers automotive maintenance and repair services. It has operations primarily in the metropolitan areas in Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Carolina, and Texas in the United States; 32 towns in the United Kingdom; and metropolitan markets in the states of Sao Paulo, Parana, Mato Grosso do Sul, and Santa Catarina, Brazil.
Featured Article: Back-End Load
Receive News & Ratings for Group 1 Automotive Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Group 1 Automotive Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.