XRP (CURRENCY:XRP) traded 0.6% higher against the US dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 19:00 PM Eastern on January 14th. One XRP coin can now be purchased for $0.77 or 0.00001798 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges. XRP has a total market cap of $36.92 billion and approximately $1.58 billion worth of XRP was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. During the last seven days, XRP has traded 1.7% higher against the US dollar.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Tether (USDT) traded up 0% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00002322 BTC.
- Polkadot (DOT) traded up 6.8% against the dollar and now trades at $27.70 or 0.00064289 BTC.
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) traded 3.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Internet Computer (ICP) traded up 2.8% against the dollar and now trades at $32.41 or 0.00075220 BTC.
- Lido stETH (STETH) traded up 1.5% against the dollar and now trades at $3,302.26 or 0.07664036 BTC.
- stETH (Lido) (STETH) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $3,479.19 or 0.06807369 BTC.
- Bitcoin BEP2 (BTCB) traded up 1.1% against the dollar and now trades at $43,074.25 or 0.99968711 BTC.
- Toncoin (TONCOIN) traded up 0% against the dollar and now trades at $3.70 or 0.00008593 BTC.
- Filecoin (FIL) traded up 3.6% against the dollar and now trades at $29.68 or 0.00068872 BTC.
- Klaytn (KLAY) traded 2.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.39 or 0.00003222 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “The Ledger and ConsensusThe Ripple protocol is, at its core, a shared public database. This database includes a ledger, which serves to track accounts and the balances associated with them. The ledger is a distributed database — a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions in the Ripple protocol. It is continually and automatically updated by the Ripple Transaction Protocol (RTXP) so that an identical ledger exists on thousands of servers around the world. At any time, anybody can review the ledger and see a record of all activity on the Ripple protocol. When changes are made to the ledger, computers connected to the Ripple protocol will mutually agree to the changes via a process called consensus. The Ripple protocol reaches consensus globally within seconds of a change being made. The consensus finding process is the engineering breakthrough that allows for fast, secure, and decentralized transaction settlement on the Ripple protocol. The World’s First Distributed ExchangeNo one owns or controls the Ripple protocol. It runs on computers around the world, all working together to continually maintain a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions. Distributed networks offer many efficiencies over centralized networks. Because the network is “self-clearing”, it eliminates the need for a centralized network operator (and gets rid of the associated layer of fees). Because there is no single point of failure, distributed networks are more reliable. They also tend to be more secure, due to their open source nature. “
XRP Coin Trading
It is usually not possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as XRP directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade XRP should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy XRP using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for XRP Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for XRP and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.